Stir Fried Chili Chicken
30 minutes preparation - 15 minutes cooking
Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients with 5 tablespoons water into a food processor and blend until smooth.
For the chicken, heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then add the chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly golden. Add the courgette and red pepper and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, then pour in the sauce and bring to the boil. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Season with the soy sauce, and pile onto a serving plate. Garnish with the spring onions and serve immediately.
- 250g skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced into strips
- ½ red or yellow pepper, seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 large spring onions, sliced lengthways
- For the sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped, or 1 can of Del Monte Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp brown sugar