Banana and Coconut Soup
20 minutes preparation - 20 minutes cooking
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium to high heat.
Add the Del Monte® bananas, carrot, onions, leeks, celery, garlic and chillies. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sauté until caramelised, then stir in the cumin and coriander.
Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Use a hand blender to purée the soup and strain into another pan. Stir in the coconut cream, then warm the soup again over a low heat. Serve hot.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 very ripe Del Monte® bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 Del Monte® onions, finely diced
- 3 leeks, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 2 x 200ml cartons
- coconut cream