Crab Cakes With Pineapple
For the Green Onion Crab Cakes, in a medium bowl, gently stir together all ingredients except black pepper. Season to taste with black pepper. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
Form crab mixture into 8 equal-sized patties. Coat large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
Saut crab cakes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple Salsa.
For the Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple Salsa: combine first five ingredients in medium bowl; toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat or 2 (6 oz.) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Del Monte® green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced Del Monte® Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped Del Monte® green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh Del Monte® lemon juice