Soak raisins in rum overnight.
Combine flour, milk, yeast, sugar, salt and butter to form a smooth yeast dough. Incorporate bits of pineapple, almonds, candied lemon and orange peel, mace and raisins, one after another always kneading the dough thoroughly. Let rest for 1 hour. Knead the dough once more, divide into two and shape two Stollen loaves.
Bake for about 1 hour in preheated oven at 180°C
After baking the Stollen, brush them with melted butter and dust generously with confectioner's sugar.
- Del Monte Pineapple (fresh or in can)
- 2-1/2 cups raisins (600 g)
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 8 cups flour (1 kg)
- 1-2 cups milk (250-500 ml)
- 2 packages dry yeast (or 2 cubes of fresh yeast if available)
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 450 g unsalted butter
- 100 g finely chopped almond
- 110 g candied lemon peel finely chopped
- 110 g candied orange peel finely chopped
- Powder sugar for dusting