Pineapple Beef Stir Fry
In a small bowl, combine cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture; cover and refrigerate.
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the beef and remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.Drain and discard marinade. Combine cornstarch and reserved juice mixture until smooth.
In a skillet on high heat, stir-fry beef in oil for 5-6 minutes. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the red pepper, beans, jalapeno and garlic in skillet; stir-fry for 5 minutes. Stir juice mixture; stir into skillet.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add onions, beef and the reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve over rice. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- 2 cups fresh Del Monte® Gold® Extra Pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh Del Monte® Gold® Extra Pineapple juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 1 medium Del Monte® sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cut Del Monte® green beans
- 1 tbsp minced deseeded Del Monte® jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Del Monte® green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Hot cooked rice