Tropical Upside Down Breakfast Biscuits
Mix sugars, pineapple, cinnamon and light buttery spread. Divide between 8 muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Pull each buscuit apart at the separation in the middle. Place 1/2 of the buscuit on top of the pineapple mixture.
Spoon a couple of teaspoons of cream cheese on top of the buscuit. Top with other half. Spoon one teaspoon of the reserved pineapple juice over each.
Bake at 200 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for 2-3 minutes and then turn out onto a large dish.
Scrape out any pineapple chunks remaining in the pan and smoosh them back in place. Serve hot.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute that measures equal to sugar
- 1 ½ cups Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple, chopped fine, save juice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup light buttery spread
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated reduced fat, whole wheat, or light biscuits