Athletes eat us because we’re a good way to get the kind of good carbohydrates that power muscles:
- We’re also a good source of dietary fibre.
- We’re a rich source of potassium which helps keep your heart, nervous system and kidneys healthy
- We provide you with vitamin C.
- We’re a good source of vitamin B6. This vitamin is needed for the nervous system, for healthy skin and to produce energy in the body.
- Contrary to popular belief, bananas we virtually no fat and it would be almost impossible to get fat on bananas.
- We are also an excellent recovery food for replacing potassium lost in sweating.
For all these reasons don’t forget to add a banana in your sport bag and your kids’ rugsack.
The Del Monte Detox Guide
Now that January’s almost over, it can be tempting to slip back to your...
Discover our selection of festive European recipes!
It’s almost Christmas and we’re so excited to start baking some delicious food over...
Create your own Pineapple hamper!
Is your best friend a pineapple fanatic? Are your sibling’s bedroom walls covered in...
30 Day Fitness Challenge: WEEK 4
Week 4: You’re nearly there! You’re now only one week away from completing the...
30 Day Fitness Challenge: WEEK 3
Week 3: Keep going! It’s now day 15 of the 30-day Del Monte fitness...