Type your research (product, recipe, blog...)
Banana: a star ally for your workout
Athletes eat us because we’re a good way to get the kind of good carbohydrates that power muscles:
- We’re also a good source of dietary fibre.
- We’re a rich source of potassium which helps keep your heart, nervous system and kidneys healthy
- We provide you with vitamin C.
- We’re a good source of vitamin B6. This vitamin is needed for the nervous system, for healthy skin and to produce energy in the body.
- Contrary to popular belief, bananas we virtually no fat and it would be almost impossible to get fat on bananas.
- We are also an excellent recovery food for replacing potassium lost in sweating.
For all these reasons don’t forget to add a banana in your sport bag and your kids’ rugsack.