Type your research (product, recipe, blog...)
1. Information We Collect
- Personal data collected directly from you. Users of our Website may choose to provide personal data when they register as subscriber, participate in promotions, and other instances where you give us your data. The personal data you provide to us may include the following: your name, address, email address, year of birth, gender and phone number.
- Personal data collected from your device. We may collect certain personal data directly from your device, when you visit our Website. This includes the following:
Device and Browser Information Our servers may automatically collect certain information, such as the type of operating system or web browser and online identifiers used by each of our users.
Personal data received from third parties. We may also collect certain personal data from third parties that provide services to us or carry them out on our behalf, including, e.g., marketing services providers.
2. Purpose for the Use of Personal Data and the Legal Basis for such Processing
We collect and use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To Improve our Website. We may use this personal data as a basis for enhancing the online experience of using our Website and to track the aggregate number of users.
- To Personalize our Website and Direct Marketing purposes. We may use this personal data to distinguish you from other users of the website for analytics and marketing purposes.
Where you give us consent to do so, we collect and use personal data for the following purposes:
- To Register you as a Newsletter Subscriber. If you opt to subscribe to our newsletter you will you will receive the latest recipes and fun facts and you will have an exclusive chance to win unique prizes.
- To Send you Marketing Communications. You can opt out of receiving any future marketing communications by emailing us and providing your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Administer Surveys, Questionnaires or Certain Other Events. For example if you elect to complete any surveys, questionnaires, or participate in certain other events during your visit to our web site.
In addition to above, we may also process your personal data where you otherwise give us your (explicit) consent to do so.
We collect and use your personal data to perform a contract with you, in particular:
- To Administer Promotions, Sweepstakes or Other Events to which Terms Apply. If you elect to participate in any promotions, sweepstakes or other events to which terms apply during your visit to our web site, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate additional terms on which your personal information will be used or shared with third parties. Please read those terms and conditions.
We may also, from time to time, process your personal data on one of the following bases:
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claims; o
- for compliance with a legal or statutory obligation to which we are subject.
3. Sharing Your Personal Data
- As a global company, we may share your Personal Data within the Del Monte group of companies, which includes parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership, as well as our distributors.
- We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. These third parties include hosting service providers, advertising providers, IT system administrators and support services, and customer services providers.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Equally, if a third party acquires us, or substantially some or all of our assets, personal information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
- We may be required to disclose information, including personal data in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental, regulatory or law enforcement request.
You should also bear in mind that when you voluntarily disclose personal information on a "bulletin board" or in a chat area, that information could be collected and used by other web surfers, resulting in unsolicited messages from other parties.
4. International Transfers of Personal Data
Since Del Monte International GmbH along with our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "DMI") is a global company, your personal data may be transferred throughout the DMI group of companies located outside the EEA. Such intra-group transfers of personal data to recipients in non-EEA countries, which have not been recognized by European Commission to provide the same level of protection as the EEA, take place on the basis of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
In addition, we may transfer your personal data to outsourced service providers in countries outside the EEA for processing in accordance with the purposes set out in section 2 above.
In circumstances where your personal data is transferred to our outsourced service providers located outside the EEA, we will, where required by applicable law, ensure that your personal data is adequately protected. We may rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable (see here),standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission (see here), or use other acceptable data transfer mechanisms, such as Binding Corporate Rules (see here), approved Codes of Conduct and Certifications or, in exceptional circumstances, on the basis of permissible statutory derogations such as your consent.
Please contact email@example.com to learn more about the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
5. Third Party Websites
If you interact with any of the pages of our site using plug-ins for any social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, your activity may be available for review by those networks and other users of such social networks. Such use of your personal information will be subject to these social networks' own privacy policies and we suggest that you read these carefully.
6. How Long Your Information Is Retained
We will retain your personal data only as long as we need it for the purpose for which we are processing it. Retention periods can vary based on the type of data and how it is used. For example, when you contact us with a complaint, query, or other concern, we will retain your information for as long as needed to respond to your query.
We retain personal data in accordance with our internal retention guidelines which are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving. We will periodically review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for us to retain it.
7. Your Rights
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have shared with us. If you are visiting this Website from the EEA, or where EEA data protection laws apply, with certain legal exceptions and limitations, as provided for in the GDPR, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to confirm with us if your personal data is being processed, certain other information about that processing and a copy of your personal data undergoing said processing.
- Rectification. You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete data completed.
- Deletion. You may request to erase your personal data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, if you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the processing exists; if the processing is unlawful, or if erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation.
- Portability. You may receive personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to others.
- Objection. At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data for compelling and legitimate reasons, but we reserve the right to proceed with the processing if otherwise permitted by applicable law. In addition, you have the right to object at any time if your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes
- Restriction. You may request to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint. If you believe we have infringed upon your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
- Right to refuse or withdraw consent. Please note that in case we ask for your consent to certain processing, you are free to refuse to give consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time without any adverse negative consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your personal data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected.
- Right not to be subject to automatic decision-making, including profiling.
Save where otherwise stated, to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us through the details as set out in the "Contact Us" section.
We consider your privacy and the security of your transactions within our Website to be of the utmost importance. We may use personal data for the purposes outlined above. We use encryption technology to keep your personal data safe, where relevant. All your ordering information is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. At DMI, we take reasonable measures to ensure that both your privacy and security are fully protected.
To protect the interests of children who visit our Website, it is our policy not to solicit or post any personal information from users under 16 years old without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. In the event that a child younger than 16 submits information to our Website without this consent and we become aware of it, we will delete the information. We do not actively seek demographic or preference information from children, we will not send direct e-mail offers to users who indicate they are younger than 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally disclose personal information regarding children to third parties.
10. Contact Us